Monday, April 02, 2018

Revisiting my Journal Quilt Project, Week 20



Week 20 was apparently a very minimalist week for my journal quilt project originally. Here's what I said at the time:

"I did manage to get my journal quilt done today, just. I decided that as this was a kind of scrappy, unfinished sort of week in the end, I would let my journal quilt reflect that. So I've cut coin pieces from my scrap basket, stitched them together and just run a few lines of quilting over it. I've finished neither the back nor the edges, and I think I will leave it like that, except that I will just do a quick running stitch around the edge to keep it from fraying and pulling away from the vilene stabiliser, which is what I use as a base. Anyway. In some ways I am very tempted to finish this piece more, but I'm going to resist, because it is a much better representation of my week if it's not finished, as a lot of my week hasn't been finished!"

No comments: