Sunday, January 15, 2017

A trip to Farnham Maltings


Almost didn't make my annual trek to the quilter's show and fabric sale in Farnham this year - I just drove to and from Brighton yesterday, I am at the end of a rubbish cold and my friend who I often go with couldn't go this year. But I decided to do it anyway as I really needed backing fabric for a couple of quilts - and I'm glad I did. I picked up backing for the two t-shirt quilts (the stripes at bottom right), for a wedding quilt for later in the year (the elephants) and for a baby quilt I need to do soon (the flamingos). Also picked up a couple of yards of cheap cute fabric for Project Linus, some fat quarters (the spots will be binding for the t-shirt quilts) and a fun half metre piece with a major league baseball theme. Think I might make a cushion from that. Success all around!

No comments: